People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) strongly condemns and denounces the arrests under the draconian UAPA of:
1. Sudha Bharadwaj, PUCL National Secretary
2. Gautam Navalakha of PUDR,
3. Prof. Anand Teltumbde of CPDR,
4. Vernon Gonsalves and Arun Ferreira, advocates, and
5. VaraVara Rao, noted poet and rights activist.
PUCL also denounces the simultaneous multi-city raids conducted today, 28th August 2018 in a concerted and pre-meditated manner across the country at the premises of other eminent human rights activists.