India’s President Droupadi Murmu and ‘an Unbroken History of Broken Promises’ – by Suhda Bharadwaj
The Quint / by Sudha Bharadwaj
Draupadi Murmu has difficult tasks cut out for her if she is to protect rights and ensure justice to the Adivasis.
The reference in the headline is to the passionate essay by the late Dr BD Sharma of the same title. The continuing criminalisation of the Adivasi peoples is seen even in the 75th year of our Independence.
In the past couple of weeks, several very important events have taken place that will deeply affect the Adivasi people of our country.
● Now that an Adivasi is president, will Big Media finally report on Adivasi issues? (Newslaundry / July 2022)
● Jailed Or Punished, With Or Without Trial: How The State Misuses The Law Against India’s Inconvenient Citizens (article 14 / July 2022)
● Narendra Modi’s Government Is Using False Charges of Terrorism to Repress Its Opponents (Jacobin.com / April 2022)
● Organisation In Jharkhand Is Holding The State Accountable (YKA / April 2022)
● Gadchiroli’s 300 Gram Sabhas Pass Resolution in Support of Activist Mahesh Raut (The Wire / Oct 2018)
● Press Release Of The Joint Fact Finding in Gadchiroli by CDRO, IAPL And WSS (WSS / May 2018)